The Botany Coloring Book is an exciting, new approach to learning botany. Though this book is of particular value to students of botany, any reader with an interest in plant life will find it an enjoyable and highly effective way to learn about plants.
Coloring provides an effective means of learning the fundamentals of botany. The structure and function of plants, a survey of the Plant Kingdom, and associated botanical terminology are all learned through the coloring process. Participation by the reader, through creative coloring, provides significant learning reinforcement. The text accompanying each coloring plate provides supportive explanatory material and leads the reader through the plate in a step-by-step manner. When finished, the colored plates provide an excellent review that the reader has helped create.
Students will learn:
- Plant cell structure, cell division, simple growth, asexual and sexual reproduction, and the general plant life histories
- How to use a microscope
- History of disease, toxins, testing, antibiotics, and immunology
- Diseases caused by microorganisms
- High school and college students
- Persons with avocational interests in plant life